Welcome to the nitro-protocol state channels documentation site. Here you will find documentation that accompanies our smart contracts (hosted on github and available as a part of the npm package @statechannels/nitro-protocol), which implement a state channel protocol outlined in the nitro white paper.
The website features a low level, autogenerated API reference for the contracts, as well as this more loquacious section featuring explanations and tutorials.
To help filter the content that you are interested in, it is helpful to decide if you are a
- Dapp developer
- Happy to lean on our deployed state channels wallet (docs coming soon)
- Need to write a single solidity contract implementing the
- Wallet developer
- Want to write code against the nitro Contract API
- Contract developer
- Want to understand how our contracts implement nitro protocol
- Want to improve our implementation (e.g. to patch a vulnerability or reduce gas consumption)